This Article has been Edited for Accessibility
Baby Boomer Age Wave Theory
What is 'Baby Boomer Age Wave Theory '
An economic theory popularized by economist and writer Harry Dent, who concludes that the U.S. and other European markets will peak between 2008 and 2012. This is based on Dent's finding that a human's consumer spending habits peak by age 50; therefore, as the baby boomer generation reaches this age, the economy may be approaching a peak in consumer spending and in the markets.
Explaining 'Baby Boomer Age Wave Theory '
Because American soldiers returned from WWII earlier than European soldiers, the theory concludes that markets in the U.S. will peak around 2008, while European markets will peak around 2012.
- Download [brookings.edu]
- Age And Inflation-- Finance & Development, March 2016 [0-imf.org.library.svsu.edu]
- The Coming Generational Storm [mitpress.mit.edu]
- Encore -- Boomer Bust? : Economic And Political Issues Of The Graying ... [laurel.lso.missouri.edu]
- Gao-06-718 Baby Boom Generation: Retirement Of Baby Boomers Is ... [calbooming.sdsu.edu]
- Will Delayed Retirement By The Baby Boomers Lead To ... [crr.bc.edu]