This Article has been Edited for Accessibility
What is 'Gambling Income'
Any income that is the result of games of chance or wagers on events with uncertain outcomes (gambling). This income is subject to taxation.
Explaining 'Gambling Income'
Gambling income includes any money earned playing slot machines, bingo or the lottery. It also includes money derived from betting on horse races, boxing, sumo wrestlers and almost anything else.
- 5: Social And Economic Effects [nap.edu]
- The Economic Winners And Losers Of Legalized Gambling [brookings.edu]
- Overview Of The Economic And Social Impacts Of Gambling [walkerd.people.cofc.edu]
- Economics Of Gambling [blogs.baylor.edu]
- The Social And Economic Impacts Of Gambling [umass.edu]
- How The Us Tax Code Affects Gamblers [digitalscholarship.unlv.edu]