This Article has been Edited for Accessibility
Half Commission Man
What is 'Half Commission Man'
A half commission man is an individual who introduces clients to stock brokers or other market professionals in exchange for an agreed upon percentage of any commissions earned as a result of the new client. Although a stock broker must share some of his or her commissions, the theory is that the broker will come out ahead due to an increase in the number or quality of clients.
Explaining 'Half Commission Man'
A half commission man can either work for a specific stock broker or be a freelancer. They earn money by establishing relationships between stock brokers and clients. Any commissions that the stock broker earns from the client will be shared at a specified rate (usually half) with the half commission man.
- From The Gold Clause Cases To The Gold Commission: A Half Century ... [chicagounbound.uchicago.edu]
- 525 [presidency.ucsb.edu]
- Conflicts Of Interest And The Realtor Commission ... [economics.yale.edu]
- The Greening Of Louisiana's Economy: [business.lsu.edu]
- The Economic Progress Of Black Men In America [law.umaryland.edu]
- The Goals Of Education