- The Economics Of Hedge Funds [www0.gsb.columbia.edu]
- The Economics And Finance Of Hedge Funds [corpgov.law.harvard.edu]
- Econ 444b. The Economics Of Hedge Funds [economics.yale.edu]
- Higher Risk, Lower Returns What Hedge Fund ... [people.hbs.edu]
- The Law And Economics Of Hedge Funds [scholarship.law.berkeley.edu]
A hedge fund is an investment fund that pools capital from a limited number of accredited individual or institutional investors and invests in a variety of assets, often with complex portfolio construction and risk management techniques. It is administered by a professional management firm, and often structured as a limited partnership, limited liability company, or similar vehicle. Hedge funds are generally distinct from mutual funds as their use of leverage is not capped by regulators and distinct from private equity funds as the majority of hedge funds invest in relatively liquid assets.