Last Sourced: 2017-08-01
This Article has been Edited for Accessibility
The Pacific Rim are the lands around the rim of the Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Basin includes the Pacific Rim and the islands in the Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Rim roughly overlaps with the geologic Pacific Ring of Fire.
List of countries on the Pacific Rim
This is a list of countries that are generally considered to be a part of the Pacific Rim, since they lie along the Pacific Ocean.
The Pacific is a hotbed of overseas shipping. The top 10 busiest container ports, with the exception of Dubai's Port of Jebel Ali (9th), are in the Rim nations. They are home to 29 of the world's 50 busiest container shipping ports:
Various intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations focus on the Pacific Rim, including APEC, the East-West Center, Sustainable Pacific Rim Cities and the Institute of Asian Research. In addition, the RIMPAC naval exercises are coordinated by United States Pacific Command.
- Natural Disasters And Economic Policy For The Pacific Rim [economics.hawaii.edu]
- West Pacific Rim [albany.edu]
- Pacific Rim 311 [csub.edu]
- Ec 464 “the Pacific Rim [bu.edu]
- Asia Pacific Key To Future Of Metropolitan U.s. Economic Growth ... [brookings.edu]
- The Sports Business In The Pacific Rim : Economics And Policy In ... [searchworks.stanford.edu]