This Article has been Edited for Accessibility
Qatar Investment Authority (QIA)
What is 'Qatar Investment Authority - QIA'
The Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) is a government-owned entity charged with managing the sovereign wealth fund of Qatar. The source of the sovereign wealth fund is primarily excess oil and gas revenues from the development of Qatar's oil and gas reserves.
Explaining 'Qatar Investment Authority - QIA'
The Qatar Investment Authority was established in 2005. The QIA is governed by a board of directors. Qatar's State Audit Bureau is responsible for auditing the financial operations of the QIA. The QIA does not have any mandated limitations on its investment universe and is able to invest in both domestic and foreign marketable securities, real property, alternative assets and private equity funds.
- The Qatar Investment Authority: An Analysis [academia.edu]
- Qatar -qatar Investment Authority [academia.edu]
- Sovereign Wealthfunds: Four Strategic Investments. [web.northeastern.edu]
- Kings Of Cash: The Impact Of The Global Financial Crisis On Sovereign ... [knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu]
- Sovereign Wealth Fund Investment Trends [fletcher.tufts.edu]
- Persian Gulf Based Swfs & Financial Hubs In Bahrain, Dubai [fletcher.tufts.edu]